It looks like our capstone project will be changing. Instead of doing the Assistive Technology project, we will be designing a frequency synthesizer for someone’s project at Wulfsberg Electronics in Prescott, AZ. It looks like it will be a very complex project, and may include some of the following:
- Designing a VCO.
- Update an existing PLL chip to with step sizes that are selectable for 8.33 kHz, 12.5 kHz, and 25 kHz steps.
- Design the control loop filter for the PLL.
- Design / select a buffer amplifier.
- Layout the PCB for the design.
- Testing for all of the above.
We probably won’t do all of the items listed above, but the project will be challenging and fun! I will update this post from time to time.
View this web page for more info on this project: mike-thomson.com/school/Wulfsberg/